Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

I want to go everywhere I haven't been, and back to everywhere I have been.

Friday, October 3, 2014

My Photo Diary: September

September Photo Diary - Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

Is it really October? 
30 days hath September, 
but they went by so quickly,
that I actually missed my October 1 deadline for this post. 
I have the photos to prove that September actually happened,  
but it was kind of a blur.
Maybe it's because I've been crazy-busy,
with school starting...
working many hours at my new volunteer position...
 prepping for the Jewish holidays...
taking a photography class to learn how to use my new camera...
and celebrating my birthday! 

It hasn't left me much time for visiting other blogs,
which I feel badly about.
I'm trying to catch up here and there when I can.

OK, let's get to it,
because it will be November before we know it!
 ********

September 1
Yankee Stadium drive-by, while zipping down the Harlem River Drive.

September Photo Diary - Ms. Toody Goo Shoes
   
September 2
Back to school! Guess who was happy, and who wasn't?

September Photo Diary - Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

September 3
Summer geraniums still going strong.

September Photo Diary - Ms. Toody Goo Shoes
  
September 4
Walking by my first apartment building in NYC (the day I ran into my sister)...200 East 82nd Street, Apartment 6F. 
Cool fact: Walt Frazier lived there when I did.

September Photo Diary - Ms. Toody Goo Shoes


September 5
Woke up to find this text from Junior GS. The sneaker lineup. At least they are all in his room for once.


September Photo Diary - Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

September 6
Bird-yoga: Warrior pose. 

September Photo Diary - Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

September 7
Birthday cocktail and dinner at the Red Hat in Irvington, NY. Happy Birthday to me!  

September Photo Diary - Ms. Toody Goo Shoes


September 8
Are you ready for some football? Wing night for NY Giants season opener. The food was good...the game? Not so much.

September Photo Diary - Ms. Toody Goo Shoes


September 9
Balsamic chicken and avocado sandwich from Pret-a-Manger...waiting for lunch date in Bryant Park, NYC. 

September Photo Diary - Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

September 10
Experimenting with my new camera. Not a good season for my hydrangeas. 

September Photo Diary - Ms. Toody Goo Shoes


September 11 
Ground Zero, NYC. I didn't go there today...just wanted to acknowledge 9/11 anniversary with this photo by Aunt Goo Shoes, taken several months ago. 

September Photo Diary - Ms. Toody Goo Shoes


September 12
Lunch on the fly. 

September Photo Diary - Ms. Toody Goo Shoes


September 13
Beautiful sushi. No, not all for me, but yes, I could have eaten it all.

September Photo Diary - Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

September 14
Sexy Sadie.

September Photo Diary - Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

September 15
Summer flowers on their last legs.

September Photo Diary - Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

September 16
Deer-est.

September Photo Diary - Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

September 17
A "Beautiful" birthday gift from my sister - a great Broadway show!

September Photo Diary - Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

September 18
Two weeks later, the geraniums are gone. But, I had other plans for this flower pot

September Photo Diary - Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

September 19
My new favorite drink...Saketini. 

September Photo Diary - Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

September 20
About 20 turkeys flew into my backyard. It figures, I had my 200MM lens on my new camera, and couldn't capture them all in one shot. 

September Photo Diary - Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

September 21
Remember when I backed out of the garage and rolled over Junior GS' friend's bike? I wouldn't trust me if I was them.

September Photo Diary - Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

September 22
Mr. Goo Shoes brings home the new car! 

September Photo Diary - Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

September 23
Grand Central Station, NYC. I've taken this shot before, but not with my new camera. Came out great, I think! 

September Photo Diary - Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

September 24
Gourd's Gold. 

September Photo Diary - Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

September 25
Buying pumpkins at Trader Joe's for my  5-minute flower pots.


September Photo Diary - Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

September 26
L'shana Tova. Potato kugel for the New Year. 


September Photo Diary - Ms. Toody Goo Shoes


September 27
Getting ready to do up the front porch for fall!


September Photo Diary - Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

September 28
This is what I have to put up with when I'm doing a shoot. "Haha, Mom!" When I just showed this picture to Junior GS he said, "I knew that would come in "handy!" Clever boy.


September Photo Diary - Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

September 29
72nd Street and 2nd Ave in NYC. I have NEVER seen a building decorated for Halloween in all my years in the city. Bravo!

September Photo Diary - Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

September 30  
So this happened just a few days after I bought it. I guess I didn't use enough hair spray on it to keep the squirrels from feasting.          

September Photo Diary - Ms. Toody Goo Shoes
                
Have a great October!
 

13 comments:

  1. I always love your photo diaries!! That text from Jr GS w/ the tennis shoes made me laugh. I want that Saketini AND the sushi. I can't believe you didn't snag one of the turkeys for Thanksgiving dinner.
    Bird Yoga - hilarious!!! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Claire! I can't get enough of the saketinis! It's my drink of the moment. Haha - those turkeys are so ugly, they make me not even want to eat it for Thanksgiving!

      Delete
  2. You make me want to travel no decorate for Fall! What beautiful photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Say it isn't so!! :O My oh my...I can't believe summer is really over. Goodness, every store I walk in has Christmas trees lit up already. Ummm, what happened to Halloween & Thanksgiving?! ..In a way though I'm happy that fall is here..it's one of my favorite seasons.

    Sadie is just a adorable!! :D ...and I got the biggest kick out of Jr's text...haha too funny.

    Have a fab weekend Ms. Toody!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Christmas trees in stores already? Bah Humbug! It will be here before we know it. Fall is one of my faves, too, Tammy, and I've finally accepted that summer is over!

      Delete
  4. Wonderful as usual!! Hairspray, huh? I have squirrels that practically come up and ring my doorbell! Gonna try it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, AnnMarie! The squirrels are especially aggressive this year...worse than ever! I'm using a combo of hairspray and ground red pepper to keep them at bay - but if I don't keep up with it every other day, they start munching!

      Delete
  5. I always look forward to your monthly photo diary. You take such great photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Debbie, that means a lot to me! I'm taking a photography course now - hope it improves my skills!

      Delete
  6. First of all, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! All the very best! Hmm...am I to assume that you were bestowed with a brand new automobile, AND a brilliant new camera, in addition to a Broadway play and a day at the theatah for this big occasion? Do you realize that when you scroll down the page, the image of your first apartment building expands to MEGA macro proportions?!! Okay, Goo Shoes, spill!

    Happy October!

    Poppy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the birthday wishes, Poppy! No, the car was not a bday present - our lease was up and so we traded it in. The camera was from my family, and the play from my sister. OOPS about the photo...I must not have changed the dimensions! Gotta fix that!

      Delete

PRIVACY POLICY: I will never share your email information with others. I use your email to respond to your comments on my blog, or to interact socially with you.