Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

I want to go everywhere I haven't been, and back to everywhere I have been.

Sunday, January 10, 2016

I Don't Want To Lose You!

Did you sign up to follow my blog by clicking the 
Join this site box
 on the sidebar of my blog? 

The one that looks like this: 


If you did, and you don't have a Google account, 
I might lose you as a follower, because as of tomorrow...
Monday, January 11, 
Google is going to remove non-Google account profiles from Google Friend Connect. 

 "...Starting the week of January 11, we’ll remove the ability for people with Twitter, Yahoo, Orkut or other OpenId providers to sign in to Google Friend Connect and follow blogs. At the same time, we’ll remove non-Google Account profiles so you may see a decrease in your blog follower count.

We encourage you to tell affected readers (perhaps via a blog post), that if they use a non-Google Account to follow your blog, they need to sign up for a Google Account, and re-follow your blog. With a Google Account, they’ll get blogs added to their Reading List, making it easier for them to see the latest posts and activity of the blogs they follow." 

I sure wish I got this post out earlier. 

You've got two options: 

1) To continue to have my blog added to your reading list,
sign up for a Google account, and re-follow my blog.

OR...

2) Use the box to the right to subscribe by email.

If you want to read the Google announcement in full, click here.

I really don't want to lose you.
Please make sure we stay connected!

4 comments:

  1. Well that is silly! Why are they doing that? I subscribe to your email and have a Google account so it won't affect me but to others that is a shame!! Thanks for letting us know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It won't affect me either. Google just wants to rule the world :/.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for posting this Amy, I had no idea. I subscribe to your blog so it won't effect me. I read somewhere that Google doesn't play well with other social media. Boo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a Google account so I guess I should be fine. I didn't know about this happening.

    ReplyDelete

PRIVACY POLICY: I will never share your email information with others. I use your email to respond to your comments on my blog, or to interact socially with you.