Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

I want to go everywhere I haven't been, and back to everywhere I have been.

Tuesday, November 8, 2016

DO YOU HAVE A FEW MINUTES?




Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

Hellooooooooo?
Do you have a few minutes?

It's been a busy few months, and now that things seem to be calming down just a wee bit,
I thought it would be a good time to have a little chat,
and catch up on what's been going on around here. 
Mostly, it can be summed up in three words:
 
College, College, College!

If you'll permit me to rant a little,
it should NOT be so complicated to get an education!
The process is grueling, and it seems we've talked about nothing else for the last year! 
These past few months were spent filling out applications,
 writing essays, and visiting schools.  

Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

One of our trips was to Philadelphia.
After our campus visit, we managed to squeeze in a tiny bit of sight-seeing, 
even though it was a drizzly day.

Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

Philly is only 2 1/2 hours away -- why oh why do we not visit more often?

 Junior Goo Shoes enjoyed seeing the "Rocky" steps at the Museum of Art.

Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

A few more applications will be submitted in the next few weeks
and then........we wait!
I can almost see the light at the end of the dormitory hallway.

Ms. Toody Goo Shoes



Many of you know that kitchen calamities are my "thing".........
If Mr. Goo Shoes doesn't hear me yell, "OH CRAP!!!" 
at least once while I'm cooking, he thinks something is wrong
(I hope you caught the irony of that statement).
So, it shouldn't be too much of a shock that this happened.
 
As always, I made my german chocolate cake 
 for breaking the fast on Yom Kippur.
I couldn't understand why it was getting brown on top,

but taking so long to get done in the middle. 
About ten minutes before the timer went off, 
I realized I had been roasting the cake instead of baking it!
   Can I tell you that cake never came out better?  
Roasted German Chocolate Cake -- it's a thing!

German Chocolate Cake : Ms. Toody Goo Shoes
This is an old photo from my original blog post.
 
Another Halloween is in the books.
True to form, we had about 400 kids, and ran out of candy in under two hours.  
I felt a bit melancholy, knowing that even though he doesn't really trick-or-treat anymore,
this is the last year Junior Goo Shoes will be home on pumpkin day. 

Ms. Toody Goo Shoes
Sadie is in the middle photo, watching the Halloween action.


Doesn't it look like these two people crossing the street in NYC 
are dancing with each other?

Ms. Toody Goo Shoes


Okay,  who's Big Idea was this? 
Some of you know how  much I love jelly beans.
If they are anywhere in sight, 
I have to wrestle myself to the ground to keep from buying them.
Recently, when I was in World Market
I was just about to walk out of the store without succumbing to JB temptations.
when I spotted a small box, and thought, 
"What's the harm? It's just a handful -- cool beans! 
I did not notice the warning on the bottom of the box:

CAUTION - Contains weird and wild flavors.

I ate a few beans, and thought, yech, these taste like dirty socks.
Well, that was about the only flavor that wasn't in the box.
It seems that Jelly Belly had played a cruel joke on me.
Flavors like spoiled milk, dead fish, barf and boogers?

Seriously?

Even the box smelled like vomit.

I ate them all.  


Ms. Toody Goo Shoes


Last but not least,  I met a couple of my favorite bloggers for lunch last week!
Doreen from Fox Den Rd., Cindy from Cloches and Lavender
and Audrey, who is not a blogger, but many of you know her as Cindy's dear friend.  
This was our second get-together, 
and we had a
"GAB-ulous" time at a lovely restaurant 

on the Hudson River in Westchester, NY, on a picture-perfect day.

Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

Ms. Toody Goo Shoes
Left to right: Audrey, Cindy, Doreen, Amy


It seems awkward not to end with a note about this presidential election season.
I know I am not the only one suffering from ESD --
Election Stress Disorder. 
I'm just glad it's all going to be over tonight, and hoping the insanity will be, too. 
   
What's been going on in your world?
    



10 comments:

  1. Thanks for catching us up. I have ESD, big time. I hope the word from colleges is good. I love the T-Rex costume. So cute. I'm also glad you had fun with your blogging friends. Stop by and link up to Monday Social if you would like. We would love to have you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I won't turn on the TV. At least for news. I only watch old reruns of things like Law & Order. Seems like that college thing was a long time ago for me. Guess it kind of was. I was 34 when my oldest was a senior in high school. I'll be 60 in Februar7. Yes, the house will be empty. But you will adjust, I promise.
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh-Yeah-College applications- a whole world unto itself! Good luck navigating those waters...and tapping your foot while you wait. So glad you had lunch with your blogger friends/and other friend. LOL about your roasted cake-at least you didn't broil it! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're right. It shouldn't be that difficult to go to college (or as expensive as it is, but that's another story). The worst is over my friend, now go get a mani pedi and while you're at it throw in a massage.

    I voted, but haven't turned on the tv. I almost don't want to know until it's over who will be our next president. It's nerve racking!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amy I can remember those days of getting the girls into college. It is a full time job for a full year so I have been there and feel your pain. Glad those days are behind me. I know when your son gets settled and knows which College he wants and they want him it will all so smoothly. Glad you could get together with Doreen and Cindy I bet you guys had a great time.
    Hugs,
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope the college stress ends soon and your first letter is an acceptance letter! My granddaughter had some of those jelly beans and tried to get me to eat them....no way! You ate the whole box? I prefer Howe jelly beans. I am envious of your lunch date....I will get there someday to join in!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My son is a junior, so I have a few more months to "relax." He has no clue where he wants to go, so I'm not even sure where to start. I bet all that roasting caramelized the cake nicely and made it taste extra special.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We didn't go through that much work for my son to go to college. But he didn't start out at a big university. I'm sure that's why. He's hoping to transfer to one after he takes his core academic courses at a technical college. Those jelly beans sound awful!!! There is no way I would've eaten those. I'm watching the election coverage now and will probably be up late. I follow politics closely.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know what you are going through, thankfully that's over and done for us. Hang in there.

    How nice to meet your blogging friends. I've known Doreen for awhile and she's so fun!

    I may be the only one but I've never cared for jelly beans...something about the texture. ;D

    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh how nice that you got to meet up with blogger friends - I was fortunate to meet Doreen over the summer, what an awesome person she is! You've been busy, wowzers! Good luck with the college process, it's a tough one for sure!

    ReplyDelete

PRIVACY POLICY: I will never share your email information with others. I use your email to respond to your comments on my blog, or to interact socially with you.